Kicking Off 2024: Canoe’s CEO Jason Eiswerth Recaps a Stellar 2024 On-Site
The Canoe team just wrapped up one of our favorite weeks of the year, Canoe’s annual All Hands On-Site. Hosted over the course of a few days in New York City, we welcomed nearly 150 employees to come together and meet up in person to “officially” kick off 2024.
It was thrilling to highlight how far Canoe now reaches—with employees traveling in from 23 states and 8 different countries—an extremely dynamic representation of the expertise and commitment we have here at Canoe. This time last year, we had around 70 employees in attendance, and that number has more than doubled in the year since.
During our main events, over two dozen employees presented on stage on behalf of their teams. Noel Calhoun, Canoe’s new CTO, and Tiff Mosher Taylor, Canoe’s first Head of People, both spoke eloquently regarding their visions for the future of Canoe in their respective verticals.
We also honored the winners of our annual Core Values Awards. This year’s eight winners exemplify our four core values, Client First, Be an Owner, Excellence, and Win Together. Pictured below, I’d like to call out each of these individuals once again:
- Taylor Braney, Relationship Manager – For his unwavering service to our wealth management clients. Taylor is responsible for the largest number of Canoe’s accounts and ensures each of them receives excellent client service and achieves their desired business outcomes.
- Oliver Wedlake, Senior Director, Wealth Management EMEA – For wearing many hats in service of Canoe’s EMEA team and growing client base. At every turn, Oliver brings feedback from the EMEA market back to the US, and our clients are in a much better place due to his dedication.
Be an Owner
- Jamie Slusher, Director of Client Project Management – For taking tremendous initiative to learn the Canoe product, market, and client workflows. Jamie built Canoe’s first formal implementation offering and up-leveled the entire Client Project Management team in their project management skillset with her 1-on-1 coaching.
- Jason Williams, Engineering Manager, Data Delivery – For his persistent initiative, communication skills, and accountability to resolution. In addition to his Engineering responsibilities, the entire Commercial team relies on Jason as we have extended Canoe’s technology through marketplace integrations.
- Jeff Lin, Director of Product Management, Data Products – For his approach to developing a “build and activation plan” through third parties, beta groups, and MVPs to accelerate Canoe’s capabilities. Canoe is embarking on building a totally new business line with our forthcoming Asset Data offering, and we’re able to achieve this due to Jeff’s excellent knowledge of our technology and the market.
- Maggie Smith, Account Executive, Institutional – For setting, and then raising, the bar across prospect engagements large and small. Maggie can run a room or Zoom, building relationships that assure a successful handoff, stepping straight into an evaluation to deliver the best demo at Canoe, and continuing to evolve herself while supporting development and growth across the sales team.
- Kevin Tobiassen, Senior Product Manager – For being present, a great listener, and always inclined to help. Approaching four years at Canoe, Kevin has worked with nearly everyone at the company and makes everyone enjoy the opportunity to collaborate with him. He is action-oriented, data-driven, and, when you need him most, he’s accountable to the finish.
- Maura Coyle, Talent and Organizational Development – For being the glue that brings us to Canoe and keeps us engaged, productive, and growing. Having recently crossed her four-year Canoe-versary, Maura has worked with everyone as an employee’s first touchpoint. She sets the tone, making new hires leave onboarding saying, “This is a company I want to work for, and this is someone who I want to work with”.
From left to right: Tiffany Mosher Taylor, Kevin Tobiassen, Maggie Smith, Jason Williams, Oliver Wedlake, Jeff Lin, Taylor Braney, Jamie Slusher, Maura Coyle, Jason Eiswerth
Some highlights included:
- Function-specific focus time to brainstorm, collaborate, and align on each group’s plans for achieving their 2024 north stars
- Company-wide icebreakers to foster new relationships and build on existing ones
- An inspiring presentation from one of our investors, David Jegen, Managing Partner of F-Prime Capital’s Tech Fund
- A fireside conversation with representatives from one of our best client advocates, EY
- Reserved suites at the Brooklyn Nets vs Minnesota Timberwolves game, with post-game court access and a free throw contest for the Canoe crew
- Volunteering to prepare nutritious, medically tailored meals for those in need in partnership with God’s Love We Deliver
I know I speak on behalf of everyone on Team Canoe when I say we’re all feeling especially energized and excited right now about the future of Canoe. We look forward to sharing more specifics about the projects that are building that excitement soon.