Canoe Intelligence Announces Five Senior Hires, Eyeing Product Suite Expansion Following Record Growth
Team growth supports Canoe’s global business and product expansion plans in key commercial and operations functions, setting the stage for the company’s next chapter
October 2, 2023 – Canoe Intelligence (“Canoe”), the financial technology company guiding the alternatives industry forward with smarter data management, today announced five strategic senior hires to support the business’s global expansion, client growth, and ongoing operations.
The announcement follows Canoe’s record growth, achieving a 100% increase in YoY revenue as of September 2023, driven by increasing demand to intelligently harness private market investment data.
The new senior hires include:
- Jamie Slusher, Director of Client Project Management: Jamie oversees the full client onboarding process, from assessing individual needs to implementation, configuration, training, consulting, and feedback collection of Canoe’s products and services. She previously spent over 20 years in the healthcare industry where she worked for start-ups, spearheading the development and implementation of several innovative Software/SaaS programs.
- Jeffrey Lin, Director of Product Management, Data Products: Jeffrey is responsible for overseeing the design and execution of new data products to ensure delivery of value to Canoe’s clients. He brings over a decade of expertise in developing fintech products and leading teams with an emphasis on optimizing operational workflows from alternative investments to mortgage servicing. Prior to Canoe, Jeffrey spearheaded cross-organizational efforts at Blackstone and served as Chief of Staff at a distributed ledger technology start-up for several years.
- Jordan Robbins, Head of Revenue Operations: Jordan works with the commercial team to develop and optimize sales processes that drive scale as Canoe’s business continues to expand. She has significant experience in the fintech space, serving as Head of U.S. Client Success at Jacobi and as a Portfolio Analyst at Brown Advisory, where she worked with clients with exposure to private assets and hedge funds.
- Mark Rossi, Senior Director of Business Development: Mark is responsible for account management and business development across Canoe’s global business. Mark was previously Senior Vice President, Business Development for BNY Mellon and has over two decades of experience working across fintech and financial services, including over a decade of experience at SS&C Advent and Addepar.
- Peter Feliciano, Director, Extraction Architecture & AI/ML: Peter leads the data extraction team which is responsible for processing client documents and extracting data from them accurately and efficiently, leveraging the latest machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques. Prior to Canoe, Peter held senior engineering positions and drove innovation at Clear Street, The Blackstone Group, and S&P Capital IQ.
Jason Eiswerth, CEO of Canoe Intelligence, said: “We are thrilled to welcome these talented professionals to the Canoe team at such an important stage of Canoe’s development. We are building momentum behind our global expansion, and their diverse expertise in the industry has already proven instrumental in helping us attract new prospects, support existing clients, and take our product offering in exciting new directions. Jamie, Jeff, Jordan, Mark, and Peter are a testament to Canoe’s commitment to delivering value to our clients as we continue to drive innovation and expand our global presence.”
To meet surging demand, Canoe Intelligence has expanded its global operations over the past 12 months – increasing its total headcount to 125 employees and opening a new office in London as the firm formalizes its European strategy. The firm’s international client base has grown past 250 firms, including global banks, allocators, asset servicers, private equity firms, asset managers, and hedge funds.
To mark the aforementioned growth milestone and celebrate five consecutive years of revenue growth, Canoe announced the expansion of its platform and product suite earlier this month and launched its new brand identity, centered around managing alternative assets faster, more accurately, and more confidently.
In February 2023, Canoe completed its $25M Series B financing round, which has supported its ability to broaden its footprint in European markets, grow the team in key functional areas, enhance enterprise product offerings, and strengthen Canoe’s core platform.
About Canoe Intelligence
Canoe Intelligence redefines alternative investment data processes for hundreds of leading institutional investors, capital allocators, asset servicing firms, and wealth managers. By combining industry expertise with the most sophisticated data capture technologies, Canoe’s technology automates the highly frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investment document and data management, extraction, and delivery.
With Canoe, clients can refocus capital and human resources on business performance and growth, increase efficiency, and gain deeper access to their data. Canoe’s AI-driven platform was developed in 2013 for Portage Partners LLC, a private investment firm. The company discusses wealth management, institutional investment, and technology topics on its blog. Learn more at www.canoeintelligence.com.
Betsy Miller Daitch